Financial Support to Access Childcare
Princeton Human Services
USDA Food Safety and Inspection Service
Happening Now: Current / Local Events
Parent Resource Checklist
- Affordable and Subsidized Housing— Affordable housing in Princeton and emergency homelessness services.
- Crisis and Emergency Assistance— Arm In Arm food pantry and housing assistance, human services, crisis ministry, and rescue mission of Trenton.
- Health Services— Clinics, rehab centers, senior resources, hospitals, YWCA Princeton’s Breast Cancer Resource Center.
- Legal Services— Immigration assistance and resources in Princeton and Mercer County.
New Jersey Human Services Commissioner Carole Johnson announced on 9/21/2020 that applications are now open for the new COVID-19 child care tuition assistance program. The Murphy Administration has created this program to help families with child care costs as schools open remotely.
The $150 million program will provide child care tuition assistance to New Jersey families with incomes up to $75,000 that are in need of either full or part-time child care due to their child’s remote learning schedule.
Families can apply for this assistance by completing the online application at www.ChildCareNJ.gov. Those applying will need proof of income and a notice or announcement from their child’s school of a remote learning schedule.
Click here for more information.
Through advocacy, leadership, and collaboration, the Department of Human Services helps to improve the quality of life of individuals in our community who are vulnerable, economically disadvantaged, or otherwise in need.
The Department of Human Services coordinates and administers programs and services to the various population groups in need. The scope of services supported and provided by the Human Services Department includes programs that assist residents with limited income and resources in the areas of financial assistance, employment, housing and emergency assistance. The department also serves the community as an information and referral source for residents in need of various services.
Current Recalls and Alerts— Includes brand information and time of recalled products. Visit the website to sign up for alerts.
- Center for Disease Control and Prevention— Information on COVID-19 symptoms, testing, and resources.
- New Jersey Department of Health–Public health services and information about schools and businesses, and best practices for daily activities and going out.
- State of New Jersey Parent Link— Job and hiring portal, COVID data dashboard, testing & tracing, state announcements, and more.