YWCA supports improving access to women’s health and empowering women to take control over their physical, mental, and emotional well-being. Our Breast Cancer Resource Center offers support to breast cancer patients and survivors including:
Transportation assistance to critical medical appointments, Wig and prosthesis boutique, Fitness and wellness programs, Support groups, Outreach and education, and Integrative arts therapy.
In 2019 we:
- Drove more than 19,314 miles while providing over 76 women with transportation while navigating treatment.
- Distributed over 328 wigs, bras, and prostheses to women during and after breast cancer treatment.
- Assisted over 101 women through our support groups.
- Served women and families in over 25 counties in New Jersey, Pennsylvania, and New York.
- Reached over 6,800 individuals through our outreach & education program
About the Breast Cancer Resource Center (BCRC)
Have you or someone in your life been diagnosed with breast cancer? YWCA Princeton’s Breast Cancer Resource Center will help answer the tough questions, guide you through the difficult decisions, and provide support through mentoring, fitness & wellness activities, transportation, and so much more.
Whether you are newly diagnosed, a long time survivor, coping with metastatic disease, a support person, or anyone in between, the compassionate professionals of the BCRC are here to guide you through the toughest challenges.
All of our programs are free of charge and are available to breast cancer patients and their families. For more information, please contact us 609-497-2100 ext. 346 or click on any of the links.
The YWCA Princeton’s BCRC is dedicated to providing support and information to women and their families affected by breast cancer, and to increase understanding of the disease. Our mission is to equip every woman who reaches out to us with personalized programs and services that will enable her to live with, through, and beyond breast cancer.
Y the W Makes the Difference
- Our warm and welcoming BCRC Clubhouse is located on a peaceful nature preserve just minutes from downtown Princeton.
- We provide a unique, non-clinical environment, with comprehensive programming that is unmatched by any hospital or community center in the tristate area.
- All of our programs are free of charge and are available to breast cancer patients and their families.