After School Program
At YWCA, we support improving access to quality, affordable, and accessible after school programs. We do this to reduce barriers to successful workplace participation by women. Above all, we empower children to succeed in school with culturally sensitive, developmentally appropriate activities.
Our After School Program is offered to families enrolled in the Princeton Public School District’s Riverside, Johnson Park, and Community Park Schools.
Quick Facts About our After School Program:
- Provides after school programming Monday through Friday between 3:00 pm – 6:00 pm
- Our program features an anti-bullying curriculum that fosters self-esteem, and teaches children to respect themselves, others, and the environment.
- Licensed by the State of New Jersey, Department of Children and Families
- Offers enrichment activities such as STEM, robotics, anti-bullying education, dance, etc.
- Member of the New Jersey School Age Care Coalition and the Afterschool Alliance
- Office of Licensing.
Children are immersed in before / after school activities that enhance their education and build upon the schools’ curriculum. Activities are fun, and productive!
Daily activities include:
- Homework time
- Games and team-building activities
- Arts & Crafts
Additional enrichment opportunities are provided throughout the year for an additional cost.
Fall 2019 Enrichment Options
A great introduction to soccer! Activities are age-appropriate, and aim to improve children’s gross motor skills. Similarly, the program demonstrates the value of teamwork and communication. The goal is simple: to leave a lasting and positive impact on every child served.
This program will run at two different times for PreK-2nd grade, and grades 3-5. Children are taught two variations of hip-hop, Urban, and House. Above all, children learn rhythm and movement while having fun! A small class recital is held in December.
Available for two age groups:
- Amazing Athletes (PreK-2nd grade): year-round developmental physical fitness program. Designed to empower children to reach developmental milestones at their own pace. Similarly, children learn the importance of patience, teamwork, and self-confidence. The environment is non-competitive and learning-based.
- Training Academy (Grades 3-5): A game-based sports program designed to engage older children in physical activity and wellness. Children are encouraged and inspired to do their personal best. In addition, skill development is prioritized over competition. This promotes more fun and individual improvement! Partner-based activities are also incorporated to advance teamwork.
*The dates below apply for approved applications. You will receive an email indicating application approval and start date to the primary email addressed used in the application. Tuition is not pro-rated for students starting after the beginning of the month. Applications received on the weekend will be viewed as being turned in on Monday before noon.
|Grade||Before School Program (BSP)||After School Program (ASP)|
|Community Park||K-5||No BSP||$250 – $345|
|Johnson Park Elementary*||K-5||No BSP||$250 – $345|
|Riverside Elementary||PreK-5||$155||$250 – $345|
*JP students are transported to CP site
$250 Deposit due at registration; applied to last month’s tuition
$50 Registration Fee
Johnson Park students who attend the YWCA Princeton After School Program at Community Park will be transported to Community Park. They will be picked up at Johnson Park at the end of the day and will be dropped off at Community Park School. This service is provided by the Princeton School District Transportation Department. The YWCA Princeton does not provide transportation services between the two schools. The YWCA Princeton is not responsible for any transportation issues.
Please visit your Parent Portal in order to complete and return the Johnson Park Transportation Letter to the YWCA Princeton.
|Application Received||Student Starts in After School Program|
|Before 12pm on Friday, 8/23/19||Wednesday, 9/4/19|
|After 12pm on Friday, 8/23/19 and Before 12pm on Tuesday, 8/27/19||Thursday, 9/5/19|
|After 12pm on Tuesday, 8/27/19 and Before 12pm on Tuesday, 9/3/19||Friday, 9/6/19|
|After 12pm on Tuesday, 9/3/19 and Before 12pm on Friday, 9/6/19||Monday, 9/9/19|
|Application Received||Student Starts in After School Program*|
|Before Noon any Monday||Thursday|
|Before Noon any Tuesday||Friday|
|Before Noon any Wednesday||Monday|
|Before Noon any Thursday||Tuesday|
|Before Noon any Friday||Wednesday|