Through a joint venture from Google and YWCA USA, we are excited to offer a FREE computer basics course with an emphasis on professional development. This 10-week course meeting once a week for 3 hours will prepare students to use Google Suite in addition to workplace skills.
Participants learn essential skills such as:
- Downloading files to and from USBs
- Google Docs and Sheets basics
- Budget software skills
- Creating and presenting Google Slides presentations
- Public speaking
- Writing a resume and cover letter
- How to create a LinkedIn profile (participants will also have the option to take a professional headshot)
Cohorts are held both at YWCA Princeton and on-site at partnering organizations, like Ewing Assisted Living and the John O. Wilson Hamilton Neighborhood Center. The next Strive cohort will begin in May; stay tuned for more details!
Please contact Brigitte Jean-Louis, Director of Advocacy, with any questions 609-285-8340
Want to learn more about Strive? Read our blog post recapping our first cohort!