2020 marked the 100th anniversary of the passage of the 19th Amendment, which gave some women the right to vote, and the 55th anniversary of the Voting Rights Act of 1965 being signed into law, which later expanded critical voting rights and protections for women and people of color. YWCA encourages everyone who is eligible to vote to register and exercise their right to do so.
It is a critical election year, and in the wake of the current pandemic, we must make sure everyone has access to safe voting by providing information and resources. Our goal is to keep our community informed and engaged in the issues that matter to them.
- July 7th: New Jersey Primary Election
*click here for information on the Primary and General election & the candidates
- September 22nd: National Voter Registration Day
- October 13th: Voter Registration Deadline
- November 2nd: Deadline to request an absentee ballot / vote by mail
- November 3rd: General Election date and last day to submit absentee ballot.