As we all do out part to stem the spread of COVID-19 corona virus, our programs will remain on suspension. Please know we are advocating for aid to those hardest hit during these time. See more below, including how to apply for support.
· YWCA Princeton continues to monitor the emerging information from the CDC, the NJ Department of Health, and the Princeton Municipal Health Department.
· We are limiting large public gatherings so please check this page frequently for event postponements or cancellations.
· We are planning efforts to continue operations remotely and/or in limited ways in the event that we must close our facilities.
· YWCA Princeton facilities will undergo deep disinfecting while programs are suspended.
· If you are sick, please stay home and limit your social interactions to prevent the spread.
· Please cover your mouth when you cough or sneeze and avoid touching your face and others.
· Please, if you are in a position to and are able, consider making a contribution to YWCA Princeton. As a 501c3 non-profit organization, we are dependent upon the generosity of communities we serve. These are unprecedented times and the suspension of our operations will impact our ability to serve children, women, and families in the future. Online donations can be made here.
Friday, March 13, 2020 10:00 AM
YWCA Princeton will temporarily suspend all programming effective Monday, March 16, 2020, until at least Friday, March 27, 2020. This includes Latinas Unidas in Trenton and Aquatics in Plainsboro. The only exception to this is already scheduled trips of our transportation program for breast cancer-related medical appointments. We are following the lead of Princeton Public Schools (PPS). We will continue monitoring the situation and will likely continue to follow PPS’s lead. Please check back here for updates.
We recognize the inconvenience and hardship causes our participants and appreciate everyone’s willingness to do our part to help limit the spread of the COVID-19 in our community.
Thursday, March 12, 2020 8:00 AM
YWCA Princeton After School Programs at Community Park and Riverside will be open today, March 12 and Friday, March 13.
Wednesday, March 11, 2020 10:00 AM
YWCA Princeton is monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) on a daily basis and following protocol from the Center for Disease Control, New Jersey Department of Health, and New Jersey Department of Education, including decreasing the number of situations that require large group gatherings. Therefore, the Tribute Honorees Reunion scheduled for Thursday, March 12, 2020 is cancelled.
The Princeton Public Schools will hold a meeting on Monday, March 16, 2020, to determine their plans for the near future of their programs. YWCA Princeton anticipates sharing plans for the future of our programs by Wednesday, March 18, 2020.
Monday, March 9, 2020 12:00 PM
YWCA Princeton is monitoring COVID-19 (coronavirus) on a daily basis and following protocol from the Center for Disease Control, New Jersey Department of Health, and New Jersey Department of Education.
Current Policies and Procedures:
- If you (or anyone you have been in contact with in the last three weeks) has travelled internationally, please self-quarantine for 14 days.
- Anyone not feeling well (sneezing, coughing, fever, shortness of breath), whether student, participant, staff, or volunteer, must stay home.
- YWCA disinfects all surfaces on a daily basis as well as oft-touched surfaces more often throughout the day.
- Everyone should wash their hands often, especially after using the restroom.
As of today, all programs and events will take place as scheduled. Please check back here at least daily for the most up-to-date information on YWCA Princeton programs.
Thank you for your patience and support as we work though this together.
Wednesday, February 5, 2020
Every year we take the necessary precautions to minimize the spread of virus. We follow regulated procedures for routine cleaning and disinfecting with an EPA-registered product, which includes daily sanitizing surfaces and objects that are touched often.
As you may know, there has been a recent outbreak of the 2019 Novel Coronavirus (2019-nCoV). There have been no cases of 2019-nCoV in New Jersey and there are no restrictions on public gatherings. However, we would like to use this time to remind everyone of the measures we all need to take to prevent the spread of viruses. As always, teachers in our programs share and reinforce this with our students.
- Cover your coughs and sneezes with a tissue or into your sleeve, not your hands.
- Avoid touching your eyes, nose and mouth.
- Wash hands often for at least 20 seconds, especially after coughing or sneezing. Use alcohol‐ based hand sanitizer if soap and water are not available.
- Stay home from class and work if you’re sick.
- Avoid people who are sick.
- Get a flu shot – it’s not too late to be protected.
- Clean and disinfect frequently touched surfaces and objects.
Lastly, and most importantly, if you have traveled to China in the past 14 days, please contact
Julie Sullivan-Crowley, Director of Operations at (609) 497-2100 x333 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
For more information, please visit:
NJDOH – General Information Page https://www.nj.gov/health/cd/topics/ncov.shtml
CDC – General Information Page https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019‐ncov/index.html
CDC – Home Isolation Guide https://www.cdc.gov/coronavirus/2019‐ncov/hcp/guidance‐home‐care.html
NJDOH – Local Health Department Directory www.localhealth.nj.gov
Pro-rated credits will be given on accounts for all sessions that were suspended due to this public health crisis. We have stopped all automatic charging going forward for programs that have monthly charges, such as the Young Wonders Child Development Center and the After School Program. Please be patient while we calculate the credit amounts. If you have questions or concerns, please reach out to the appropriate staff member listed here.