2021 ETS Firecracker 5K
YWCA Princeton will host the 16th annual ETS Firecracker 5K Run/Walk/Roll virtually, June 16 – June 30. While we were unable to host this signature event last year due to COVID-19, we look forward to making up for lost fun, walks, and runs this year!
- Participants will complete 5k at their own pace, at a location of their choosing. Get your steps in on a treadmill, on a trail, or around your neighborhood!
- There is no registration fee, however, all participants will have a $100 fundraiser minimum. (Tip: ask 10 friends for $10 to support your virtual 5K!)
- Runners/walkers/rollers will get their own fundraiser webpage that can be easily shared on social media.
- Social or corporate teams are encouraged!
- Upload your time if you like. Prizes for fastest runner, top individual fundraiser, and top team fundraiser.
How We’re Staying Connected
- We’re kicking off the festivities with an opening ceremony.
- Tag us in social media posts as you get your steps in! We’ll cheer you on, and you may even win a prize.
- Participants will get an event t-shirt that can be picked up YWCA Princeton.
- We’ll host a virtual closing ceremony and announce the winners of individual and team fundraisers.
The ETS Firecracker 5K was initially created to support YWCA Princeton’s Bilingual Nursery School. In the years since then, all of our classes in our childcare wing, now known as The Burke Foundation Early Childhood Center at YWCA Princeton, include bilingual learning. This expansion and strengthening of our curriculum is in large part thanks to the support we’ve received from ETS and community members such as yourself over the years! This year, proceeds through the ETS Firecracker 5K Run/Walk/Roll will support the YWCA Princeton mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
When can I start fundraising?
As soon as you register!
Is there a set distance?
You choose. 1k, 5k, more? Set a challenge for yourself!
What is the cost/registration fee?
There is no registration fee, but participants will be given a minimum fundraising goal of $100. Upon registering, you will be asked for a credit card, which will be charged for the balance of funds not raised on the last day. You will have your own fundraising page with a unique URL to share with your family and friends on social media.
Can I participate with a team?
Each registrant has a fundraising goal of $100, but you can form a team with a friends, family, coworkers, etc. While the team can create a collective goal, each team member will still have a minimum fundraising goal of $100. The team that raises the most will win an award!
When is it? And why are there multiple dates?
Walking/ Running can take place any time from June 16 – June 30. You can enter your distance all at once or on multiple days. The run/walk takes place over multiple days to give participants more time to run, walk, raise funds, and have fun! This also accounts for fluctuations in temperature and weather.
Will there be medals/awards?
Top fundraisers will receive awards. A virtual awards ceremony will be held after the total funds and distance covered have been tallied. Registrants will receive a link by email. Runners/walkers will receive a complimentary t-shirt!
Can’t participate, but want to donate?
Donations may be made at: www.ywcaprinceton.org/donate
We recommend being mindful of temperature and choosing to walk in the morning or evening when the temperature is cooler. Please talk to your doctor before beginning any new exercise regime. Read more about exercising safely in the summer here: https://www.mayoclinic.org/healthy-lifestyle/fitness/in-depth/exercise/art-20048167