YWCA is dedicated to eliminating racism, empowering women and promoting peace, justice, freedom and dignity for all.
This YWCA mission statement was adopted by the General Assembly in 2009. Across the USA, there are 225 associations that serve more than 2 million women, girls, and their families. We are also part of World YWCA, an international movement serving 25 million worldwide in 120 countries.
Through our collective work, YWCA Princeton will be known in the Great Mercer County community as an organization where:
- Women and girls reflect our multicultural community;
- Women and girls feel safe, energized, and renewed;
- Women’s and girls’ voices are heard, and they are given leadership opportunities;
- Women and girls serve other women and girls and work toward the elimination of racism, both locally and globally; and
- Women and girls are encouraged to participate in advocacy and action efforts.
We strongly believe that until women around the world have parity, we must continue to thrust our collective power and solidarity in that direction.