YWCA Princeton is an Equal Opportunity/ Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status, or veteran status.
We are proud to be a workforce committed to our mission of eliminating racism and empowering women.
YWCA Princeton is seeking a motivated candidate for a part-time 20 hours per week maintenance/janitorial position in downtown Princeton. The position will be Monday through Friday, 10 AM to 2 PM each day.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Steady work schedule, Monday through Friday, 4 hours per day.
- Inspect assigned work area each day at the start of the shift and monitor throughout the shift. Report to the nightly janitorial service provider anything that was overlooked during the prior evening’s cleaning.
- Empty, clean, and disinfect all waste receptacles as needed.
- Remove waste paper and rubbish from the premises to the designated areas.
- Sanitize and disinfect high-touch areas, lobby bathrooms, and staff lounge.
- Organize and maintain all storage throughout the building as well as storage in Bramwell House.
- Vacuum or sweep floors as needed throughout the shift.
- Remove all finger marks and smudges from vertical surfaces, including doors, doorframes, light switches, private entrance glass, and partitions.
- Damp-mop or clean any spillage as needed.
- Keep the janitor’s closet clean, neat, and in an orderly condition.
- Sanitize the playground equipment daily or as needed between 10am & 2pm.
- Perform small jobs as requested, such as hanging a bulletin board, etc.
- Conduct monthly building inspections.
- Complete a safety log.
- Conduct fire and lockdown drills as needed.
- Other jobs and duties as identified or assigned as needed.
- Manage the classroom furniture inventory.
- Order, ship, and receive items and equipment as needed.
- Clean adult bathrooms in the lobby before the end of the shift (1:30-2pm).
- Fill toilet paper and paper towels as needed in the children’s bathrooms when not in use.
- Must pass background check, fingerprint screening.
- Must be at least 18 years old.
- Must have a high school diploma or equivalent.
- Minimum of two years of related work experience.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States.
- Must have a valid driver’s license. Must have a vehicle to get to the job.
- Ability to respond to safety and emergency situations with certifications as needed, or willingness to get them.
- Ability to meet the physical demands such as occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and/or pulling of equipment and furniture.
- A positive, “can do” attitude which is demonstrated by a willingness to pitch in and help wherever needed as well as an ability to anticipate what is needed.
- Must be willing to work with all persons without regard to race, religion, ethnic origin, socioeconomic status or disability and sexual orientation.
- Must be willing to fulfill the responsibilities in accordance with the YWCA Princeton’s standards and best practices.
Please send resume and cover letter to HR@ywcaprinceton.org
The YWCA Princeton is looking to fill multiple substitute teaching positions at The Burke Foundation Early Childhood Center.
- Pre-K Dual Language (Spanish) for 3-4 Year Old Programs
- Pre-K General for 3-4 Year Old Programs
- Infant/Toddler Programs for 8 weeks – 30 months
Substitute Teacher is responsible for assisting Teachers in delivery of an effective subject matter in accordance with the Creative Curriculum. Must have personality, patience, creativity and the ability to provide stability for program continuity and must be flexible to work between the hours of 7:30am to 6:00pm.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Works with individual child or small groups of children, under the direction of the Pre-K Lead Teacher, to reinforce the learning materials and/or skills introduced by the Lead Teacher
- Distributes and collects workbooks, papers and other materials for instruction
- Assists with the supervision of students during periods of instruction, emergency drills, events, field trips and lunch periods
- Assist with lavatory activities and personal hygiene assistance
- Ability to lift and carry up to 15 lbs. as well as bending, stooping and sitting on a child-sized chair
- Able to work in accordance with the philosophy and policies of the YWCA Princeton
- Responsible for the safety, security and nurturing of the children assigned to the classroom at all times. This includes both inside and outside of the classroom and on field trips when applicable
- Assist in gearing the program to the needs of the individual children, recognizing their differences, special interests, needs, abilities and styles and pace of learning socialization skills
- Assist in documenting attendance, accident reports, medication waivers, and daily care sheets for each child in compliance with the YWCA Princeton and licensing regulations
- Treat all children at all times with dignity and respect, recognizing that each has his/her unique qualities, gifts and needs. Giving special personal attention to each child in the room each day, at the child’s eye level and with a pleasant tone
- Greet every child, parent, fellow staff and visitor with a smile and friendliness. Interact with children on their eye level and height level, using calm, natural and respectful tones of voice
- Help children become aware of their roles as integral members of a group
- Assist in ordered arrangements, appearance and learning environment or the classroom. Assure safe and sanitary use and maintenance of all classroom equipment and supplies
- Maintain open communications with parents and be available for conferences (during, before, and after school hours)
- Work cooperatively with other members of the staff, Directors and maintain an ethical and professional atmosphere
- Attend all staff meetings and required training sessions, as well as childcare family events. Volunteer when possible for the YWCA Princeton sponsored events
- Assume any other duties as requested by professional staff at the YWCA Princeton
- Must model the values of caring, honesty, respect and responsibility
- Function as a cooperative, productive member of the YWCA Princeton staff team
Skills and Requirements:
- Hold or be eligible for a Mercer County substitute certificate (minimum of 60 college credits)
- Hold or get (within 90 days of employment) an ARC, First Aid, CPR/AED certifications for child, infant and adult
- Strong interpersonal and organizational skills required
- Ability to prioritize, be self-directed and work independently
- Ability to work flexibly with a collaborative team of staff members and volunteers
- Ability to work within procedures efficiently and handle several tasks concurrently to meet deadlines
- Must be willing to work with all persons without regard to race, religion, ethnic origin, socioeconomic status or disability
- Must be knowledgeable in Microsoft Words, and Excel
- Ability to communicate fluently verbally and in writing in English and Spanish.
Email cover letter and resume to firstname.lastname@example.org. No phone call please.